Sunday, April 17, 2011

On Sundays spent reading

Okay, so I finally managed to get a hold of a copy of the Hunger Games from the library, and it is amazing. <3 Mind being blown right now. I've been reading since last night (Emily - you were right! I didn't want to go to sleep, haha!) and most of today, and am almost finished. It's such a great book. I love how Katniss tells it from her point of view, and the whole concept that Suzanne Collins came up with is incredible. The characters are so life like and the descriptions of the games make me feel like I'm right there. I'm loving Peeta, Gale, and Katniss, but I my other characters are Cinna and Rue.

It has quickly become one of my favorite books. Unfortunately, most of the time I'm too busy to do any substantial reading, but today I've pretty much dropped everything to get through it. Yeah, who needs to study or do homework. The suspense is killing me! xD I had to take a break because I've been sitting in the same place for five hours and my eyes hurt somewhat (going on the computer probably doesn't help). But ahhh, I can't wait to finish. I need to get back to reading.

Anyways, that was a random quick update because I had to gush over the Hunger Games amazing-ness. I now understand why everyone loves this book so much. I had heard it was going to be good, but hearing things and then actually seeing for myself is so much better. It's wonderful. There is no better way to spend a Sunday that curled up with a good book, with a warm cup of tea hearing the rain. :)

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment