Friday, April 29, 2011

On the void


♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?

I've been listening to this song repeatedly for what seems like forever. I've heard it before, in an animated movie of ogres (Shrek, anyone?) of all places, but was reintroduced to it when I found out we were playing this song in band. I love the melody, it's really beautiful music. However, it makes me feel somewhat melancholy. Then again, I've been feeling like that a lot lately. The days are the same, in and out, nothing different. I just feel empty... that's the only way I can describe it. It's like I'm searching desperately for something to fill that void and can't find it. Nothing phases me anymore. Things that I should enjoy, I don't. I just feel like curling up and sleeping and staying by myself for the rest of time.

Moving on from all that awkward self pity. The beach is always a nice place to go, no matter what. So I dragged myself away from Bio studying - I couldn't resist with balmy 60 degree temperatures. ;) I've always loved the water. The shoreline, crashing waves, jumping off the pier, children splashing and bright umbrellas. Even the not so pleasant aspects, like the slimy seaweed and slightly fishy smell that accompanies it, and the swarms of flies near street lights at night. So sitting down by the river for a few hours did improve my mood slightly. Plus it's the weekend, that's always good.

-Brooke

PS: Sorry for the terrible pictures... they were the best I could do with a bench/self timer. I really need to get someone to take pictures for me, or a model that would let me take pictures of them... I want to experiment some with portraits)



1 comment:

  1. I love that song...and those pictures. It must be nice to live near a beach. :)

    ReplyDelete